nVent RAYCHEM NGC-40 160A 240V panel is a multipoint electronic control, monitoring and power distribution system with a unique single-point controller architecture, providing the most reliable central control and monitoring solution for your heat management system. Supporting up to 30 circuits per panel, the system offers fully flexible configuration and individual single-phase and three-phase controllers with SIL2 safety temperature limiters. System status and faults are reported to the user, displayed on the nVent RAYCHEM Touch 1500 user interface or remotely using nVent RAYCHEM Supervisor software.
Available in 6 standard variants fitted with 160A 3 phase incomer, 10 kA short circuit fuse;
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-12HTC/25A-2HTC3/40A (12 x 25A NGC-40-HTC single phase and 2 x 40A NGC-40-HTC3 three phase controllers)
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-12HTC/25A-2HTC3/40A-T (12 x 25A NGC-40-HTC single phase and 2 x 40A NGC-40-HTC3 three phase controllers, 1500 touchscreen interface)
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-24HTC/16A (24 x 16A NGC-40-HTC single phase controllers)
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-24HTC/16A-T (24 x 16A NGC-40-HTC single phase controllers, 1500 touchscreen interface)
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-30HTC/16A (30 x 16A NGC-40-HTC single phase controllers)
- PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-30HTC/16A-T (30 x 16A NGC-40-HTC single phase controllers, 1500 touchscreen interface)
Features & Benefits
- ready to install, program and operate
- extensive control, monitoring, alarm and power distribution capabilities
- modular configuration and component flexibility: optimizing project specific needs and costs
- Comprehensive communications, system status and faults are reported with messages and alarms: optimizing maintenance and recovery time
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
SPECIFICATIONS Application pipe freeze protection and temperature maintenance Area of Use non-hazardous area, INDOOR Ingress Protection IP55 Ambient temperature range 10°C to +35°C Nominal voltage (Un) 400 V a.c. Rated voltage of circuit (Ue) 230/400 V a.c. Cable connections Incomer and Outgoing - bottom, via copper gland Enclosure material Mild steel Colour RAL 7035 In accordance IEC 61439-2 and IEC 60947 Incomer Section Nominal Voltage 400 V a.c. Rated control voltage of circuit (Un) 230 / 400 V a.c. Fuse SW Disconnect 160 A 3P + N Distribution Block 400 A 1P 2 + 12 connections Cable Connection Block x 4 Relay 24 V d.c. Data Station Red Lion Outgoing Section NGC-40-HTC/
NGC-40 control modules. Uses temperature data to control 1 single phase heat trace (NGC-40-HTC) or 1 x three phase heat trace (NGC-40-HTC3) circuit by switching of either electromagnetic relay (EMR) or solid state relay (SSR).
ground fault (leakage) and alarms/trip control contactor upon fault
pipe temperature and alarms upon LOW and/or HIGH programmable conditions
line current and alarms upon LOW and/or HIGH programmable conditions
1 x RTD input directly connected and up to 7 additional RTD inputs assigned by additional NGC-40-I/O or field based nVent RAYCHEM RMM2 modules.
1 x alarm relay connected to external annunciator
1 x digital input (programmable)
NGC-40-PTM NGC-40 power termination module(s), 24 V d.c. powers up to 10 NGC-40 modules NGC-40-BRIDGE NGC-40 bridge interface module between CAN-based network and upstream devices with 2 x RS-485 ports, 1 x RS-232 port and 1 x 10/100Base-T ethernet network.
Supports up to 80 NGC-40-HTC, NGC-40-HTC3 or NGC-I/O devices
NGC-40-I/O NGC-40 input output module for up to 4 RTD modules Touch-1500 Touch 1500 user interface touch screen
Colour LCD, 15"
RS-485, RS-232, 10/100 Base-T ethernet communication ports
1 x USB interface
LED's 3 x LED "POWER ON" line 1,2 & 3
1 x LED "ALARM" common alarm
RCBO 2P 25A C 30mA type A + aux contact (NGC-40-HTC models)
3P 40A C 30mA type A + aux contact (NGC-40-HTC3 models)
Terminals Various terminals as required for power cable termination
Bottom entry via gland plate
DIMENSIONS (mm) AND WEIGHT (kg) NGC-40 160A Panel variants Width (mm) Height (mm) Depth (mm) Weight (kg) PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-12HTC/25A-2HTC3/40A 800 2200 400 ≈ 350 PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-12HTC/25A-2HTC3/40A-T 800 2200 400 ≈ 350 PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-24HTC/16A 1200 2200 400 ≈ 450 PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-24HTC/16A-T 1200 2200 400 ≈ 450 PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-30HTC/16A 1200 2200 400 ≈ 450 PSS-160A/10kA-PDS-40-30HTC/16A-T 1200 2200 400 ≈ 450