nVent RAYCHEM FroStop BLACK heating cable is designed to provide snow melting and de-icing for roof or gutter systems.
Features & Benefits
- Self-regulating technology: regulates heat output according to ambient temperature
- Efficient: energy saving
- Simple to design: streamline and simplified design flexible cable, cut to length
- Low installed cost: flexible cable, cut to length on site
- Control: advanced control and monitoring to maximum energy savings
- Reliable: 10 year warranty
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
SPECIFICATIONS Application Roof, gutter snow melting or de-icing Min.nominal power output 28 W/m at 0°C in ice water
18 W/m at 5°C on metal pipe
Maximum circuit length 80 m Circuit beaker type /size Type C / max. 20 A Suitable for standard materials Slate: ✓
Maximum exposure temperature 65°C - continuous Maximum exposure temperature 85°C - intermittent (power on) Braid Tinned copper Braid coverage 80 % Outer jacket material Modified Polyolefin Outer jacket colour BLACK Minimum bend radius 13 mm Supply voltage 230 VAC Chemical resistance Inorganic Solutions Cable
Maximum circuit length (m). Based on start up temperature 0°C 6 A 10 A 13 A 16 A FroStop BLACK 30 50 65 80 *** IMPORTANT *** 30 mA residual current device (RCD) and a circuit breaker (C-type characteristic) required for maximum safety and fire protection.
APPROVALS Tested and approved VDE, and SEMKO
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT Thickness 5.5 mm Width 10.5 mm Weight 0.13 kg/m Conductors 2 x 1.2 mm² nickel plated copper